Welcome to the Tower Grove East Neighborhood!
Hello Neighbors and Visitors! I’m Denise Heinz, current president of the Tower Grove East Neighborhood Association (TEGNA). I have loved the South Grand area since I was a teenager growing up in Illinois, obsessed with antiquing and thrift-store shopping. I would beg my dad to drive me here to hang out, eat at City Diner and go clothes shopping on South Grand. In college, I would visit my friends living in the neighborhood. I adored the gorgeous historic homes they were renting. When I finally took the plunge to move to Missouri, there was no question I wanted to live in this community. While the businesses on South Grand have changed, the classic homes, beautiful park and funky vibe are still here.
I’m now a homeowner in TGE. My husband and I are raising our family in my beloved adopted neighborhood, and we love being a part of this community. Here are some of favorite family-friendly activities:
- Enjoying the Tower Grove and Compton Hill Reservoir parks; cooling off in the Muckerman Children’s Fountain and Pop Jet, burning off energy on the playgrounds, getting into a competitive tennis game, and visiting with neighborhood families and friends
- Walking to unique, affordable, and award-winning restaurants
- Visiting the chickens at Kitchen House Coffee while enjoying the shop’s tasty baked goods and pour-over coffee with house-roasted beans
- Working remotely at business likes MoKaBe’s Coffeehouse, Kitchen House Coffee, and the Gelateria Coffee Company
- Eating a special treat at Tower Grove Creamery or Barnett’s Market
- Watching movies, performances, and Christmas lights display at Ritz Park
- Working (and playing) on mulch piles at the Orchard on Virginia and
- Drinking a cold, local brew at pop-up craft beer events
While it’s been a tough year for everyone with the current pandemic, our community has rallied together and supported our local businesses. During this time stuck at home, our area has become a sanctuary for my family. Please use this website so you can create your own memorable experiences in our neighborhood and the South Grand Business District.
Check our future events for this year. We have monthly informative neighborhood association meetings, cleanup days, and – once we can do so safely – monthly social events.
President 2020 – 2021
Tower Grove East Neighborhood Association